Chococo's Squidgy Pecan Brownies
- 200g dark chocolate, Chopped
- 150g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 3 eggs
- 125g light muscovado Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Extract
- 50g fine rice flour or ground almonds (or plain flour if you are happy to have gluten)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 75g pecans, roughly Chopped
- 22-cm square brownie tin
As served in our chocolate house cafes & from the Chococo chocolate cookbook! These brownies are wonderfully squidgy & are also gluten-free.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas 4.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Once melted take the bowl off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl with a handheld electric mixer, until increased in volume, pale and fluffy.
- Fold the rice flour and salt into the egg and sugar mixture and then stir in the pecans, reserving a handful to scatter over the top. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and gently fold it all together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and tap it on the work surface to ensure it is level. Scatter the reserved pecans over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-17 minutes, until risen at the edges but still squidgy in the middle.
- Don't worry if it seems undercooked, as it will continue cooking after being taken out of the oven. Don't be tempted to overcook it or the brownies will be dry.
- Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into squares of a size to suit you. The brownies will keep stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.