Granny's Brack Super fruity (& super easy) tea loaf
Posted: September 24, 2020
Minutes90 + overnight
- 1 mug of cold tea
- 125g light soft brown sugar
- 225g sultanas
- 300g raisins or a mix of raisins & currants
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 250g self-raising flour
- loaf tin, greased or lined with paper
- Put the dried fruit & sugar in a bowl, pour over the cold tea, stir, cover & leave for several hours, ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C
- Add the beaten egg and flour to the bowl and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin & bake at 150 degrees for 1 and half hours or until the top is nicely brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before cutting into slices – delicious with or without butter, but definitely with a hot chocolate!