Lily's Banana Bread, with a twist
Posted: September 24, 2020
- 175g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
- 4-5 very ripe, small bananas mashed
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate (c70% cocoa solids), chopped into small pieces
- Loaf tin - greased & floured or lined with paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl and set aside
- Mix the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until blended
- Beat in the eggs one a time (don’t worry if the mixture curdles) and then stir in the mashed bananas, orange zest, chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Then add the dry flour mixture. It is easier to add this in stages, stirring it in well between each addition.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and bake in the middle of your pre-heated oven for 1 ¼ hours. You will know when it’s ready as if you insert a skewer into it, it should come out pretty clean.
- Leave it in the tin to cool before slicing.