Claire's Chocolatey Orangey Flapjacks
Posted: September 24, 2020
Serveslots (Makes 12-16 squares - depends how big or small you cut them!)
- 300g rolled oats
- 60g raisins or sultanas
- 60g dried cranberries, chopped dried apricots or dates
- 100g dark chocolate (c70%), chopped
- 80g light soft brown sugar
- 140g unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- Zest of ½ orange (or whole orange if small)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (usually about half an orange)
- 23cm square or similar rectangular baking tin lined with baking parchment
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F)/Gas Mark 4
- Mix the oats with the dried fruits in a large bowl.
- Put the chocolate, sugar, butter, orange zest, orange juice and golden syrup into a large heavy-based pan on a low heat and melt.
- Stir occasionally and once the sugar has dissolved, pour the oat mixture into the pan and stir together until all the oats are coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until browned around the outside edge and firm to the touch..
- Leave the flapjacks to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes and then score the slices with a knife.
- Leave to cool completely before fully cutting the slices.
- These flapjacks will keep stored in an airtight container for several days…as if!