Claire’s Chocolate Chip & Peanut Cookies
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 75g light soft brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 70g milk chocolate roughly chopped
- + if including peanuts: 40g crunchy or smooth peanut butter (preferably one with no palm oil)
- 40g roasted peanuts, crushed slightly
- 2-3 baking trays lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) Gas 4
- Cream the soft butter, peanut butter if using and sugar together in a bowl with a spoon until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and milk and mix into a dough.
- Add the vanilla, chopped chocolates & peanuts if using and stir them into the mix.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Then place the balls on each baking tray, leaving lots of space between each cookie as they will spread a lot as they cook.
- Then squash each cookie gently with your fingers to make circles approx 5 cm in diameter (they will spread to c9cm in diameter once cooked).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for a few minutes to firm up before moving them onto a wire rack.