Meet the Team
We have grown into quite a team – a bit different to start up when it was just Andy & Claire doing everything with a toddler in tow!
- AKA: The Top Tipper
- Favourite chocolate: Arbequina & Sea Salt
- Proudest Chococo moment: Opening our new Winchester shop in time for Christmas 2013
- Most awesome life experience: Sailing around the world in the BT Global Challenge in 1996/7
- Most overused expressions: Cherub, top tip of the day, cool beans
- AKA: Mr Big Chocolate
- Favourite chocolate: Totally Twisted Nose
- Proudest Chococo moment: Seeing our team of chocolatiers developing & delivering
- Most life changing event: Meeting Claire & now I make chocolates!
- Most overused expression: Goodo
- AKA: Christof King of Operations
- Favourite chocolate: Smoked Sea Salt Caramel
- Proudest Chococo moment: Having buyer meetings with key accounts including Liberty, Wholefoods Market & Selfridges
- Proudest life moment: Gaining a Degree
- Most overused expression: Please can I change this picture?
- AKA: Corporate & Sales Manager
- Favourite chocolate: Lemon Zing
- Proudest Chococo moment: Securing key corporate customers year on year
- Most life changing event: coming to Purbeck from New Zealand for 1 year’s work experience (that was 22 years ago!)
- Favourite expression: No worries
- AKA: Swanage shop Queen one
- Favourite chocolate: Perfect Passion
- Proudest Chococo moment: Working for my Retail Management Diploma
- Proudest life events: My kids, Lewis, Jensen & Lucas
- Favourite expression: Super
- AKA: Swanage shop Queen two
- Favourite chocolate: Cinnamon Bliss
- Proudest Chococo moment: Becoming Shop Queen Two
- Proudest life experience: Marrying the love of my life
- Favourite expression: Giggling a lot
- AKA: Retail King (& Chief Chocista)
- Favourite chocolate: Kumquat Twist
- Proudest Chococo moment: Having my hot chocolate recipes in two different stores every month
- Most memorable life moment: Spending a year travelling through 20 countries
- Favourite expressions: cool cool
- AKA: The (Winchester) Boss
- Favourite chocolate: Wild Thing
- Proudest Chococo moment: becoming manager of Winchester store having watched the Swanage site develop each year on my hols - going back again this year!
- Most life changing event: Walking 26.2 miles for Cancer Research last year and signing up again this year
- Favourite expression: Absolutely/Definitely!
- AKA: The French Connection
- Favourite chocolate: Nutty For It
- Proudest Chococo moment: Managing to not eat Chococo chocolates for one whole week!
- Most memorable life moment: Moving from France to England 8 years ago
- Most overused expression: Don't Worry, Be Happy!
The rest of our crew:
Our team of chocolatiers includes team leaders Caroline & Emile supported by Kev, Marcia & Dan, whilst Dawn, Emma, Penny, Trudi & Jackie are key members of our packing & despatch team packing all our chocolates into their various formats. Alison comes in a couple of days a week to look after our finances. Blair is our Swanage-based baker making delicious cakes, bakes & scones for our cafés and we have a fantastic gang of assistants who look after all our customers visiting both our shops.
& last but not least, the Chococo support crew, aka our family:
- AKA: Claire's Mum & (retired) creator of the famous Granny's Tablet
- Former life: Miss Moneypenny
- Favourite chocolate: Gorgeous Ginger
- Proudest Chococo moment: Winning Great Taste Awards for both flavours
- FAQ answer: Yes I am from Scotland & yes the recipe is an old family secret...
- AKA: The nutter
- Age: 15
- Occupation: Triathlete in training
- Favourite chocolate: Raspberry Riot
- Very proud of this skill: baking cakes
- Loves: triathlons, sailing, swimming, cycling, running, jazz & any other exhausting activity she can find
- AKA: Max Man
- Age: I AM TEN
- Occupation: Hooligan
- Very proud of this skill: Hitting people with a hockey stick.
- Favourite Chococo treat: Strawberry ice cream with all the toppings
- Loves: hockey, tennis, kayaking, swimming, sailing & talking in capital letters